the sitting man

there is this guy i dubbed "sitting man"... everyday he sits in the same spot on the side of this road in the scorching sun next to a dusty field. my friend pointed him out and mentioned that he quized him one day "why do you just sit here all day? what are you doing? why don't you sit by the beach or under some shade? don't you wear sunscreen?...
from the conversation he learned sitting man does not have any alcohol or drug issues, and seemingly does not suffer from mental illness... he just sits in the sun... on the side of the road infront of a dusty field... everyday....
After seeing sitting man setting up just as the sun started getting hot i myself had to quiz him... I was intrigued by him. We've been talking about him nonstop... something about the sitting man...
I asked him "have you reached spirtual enlightenment? He gave me a long drawn out answer in his native german tounge that left me unsatisfied. Layers of his Dermis peel and blister away on his face and forhead... sun burnt to a crisp. my follow up question was about his oversized backpack that he was sitting on...
i said "whats in your backpack? A hacked up tourist?" he said "no, its my sleeping bag"

No comments:

Post a Comment